News: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has proposed a ₹ 2,700-crore master plan to create the Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC).
About Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC)
- It is a body under ISRO to coordinate Indian Human Spaceflight Programme.
- It will be established in three years at Challakere (“Science City”), in Chitradurga district of Karnataka.
- At present, it works from a temporary place at the ISRO Headquarters, Antariksh Bhavan, Bengaluru.
- Pursuing future human space missions,
- Developing engineering systems for survival and safe return of the crew from space,
- Selecting and training astronauts.
Gaganyaan Mission: It is India’s first Human Space Flight Programme to be launched by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) by 2022.