- Established in 1948
- Headquarter — Gland, Switzerland
- FORMER NAME:International Union for the Protection of Nature(1948–1956) and World Conservation Union(1990–2008)
- The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is an international organization working in the field of nature conservation and sustainable use of natural resources.
- IUCN has observer and consultative status at the United Nations
- It is best known for compiling and publishing the IUCN Red List, which assesses the conservation status of species worldwide.
- IUCN WORLD CONSERVATION CONGRESS: Held once every four years and it brings together several thousand leaders and decision-makers from government, civil society, indigenous peoples, business, and academia, with the goal of conserving the environment and harnessing the solutions nature offers to global challenges.
1 min read