News:The proposed Pune-Mumbai Hyperloop project,an ultra-modern transport system may be scrapped by the Maharashtra government.
- Hyperloop is a proposed mode of transportation that moves freight and people quickly, safely, on-demand and direct from origin to destination.
- The concept was first proposed by Elon Musk,CEO of the aerospace firm SpaceX.
How does Hyperloop works?
- Hyperloop technology comprises of a network of tubes through which a pod may travel free of air resistance or friction conveying people or objects from one point to another.
- The system is fully autonomous and sealed, so no driver-related error is anticipated.In a sealed environment with almost no air resistance,the pods are expected to reach very high speeds of around 700 mph or 1,125 km/h.
About Mumbai-Pune Hyperloop Project:
- In 2018,Maharashtra Government had approved the Mumbai-Pune Hyperloop project.
- The responsibility of the project was given to the Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) which announced that the project will be implemented in two phases.
- However,the current government has said that Hyperloop project will be implemented after it has been successfully implemented elsewhere in the world.