News: Union Environment Minister will be chairing a webinar on the first-ever International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies.
- The United Nations General Assembly adopted the resolution to hold an International Day of Clean Air for blue skies in 2019.
- Aim: The day aims to:
- Raise public awareness that clean air is important for health, productivity, the economy and the environment.
- Demonstrate the close link of air quality to other environmental and developmental challenges and promote and facilitate solutions that improve air quality
- Bring together diverse international actors for concerted approach for effective air quality management.
- Theme: Clean Air for All.