News: The Union health minister has launched the ‘eBloodServices’ App in partnership with the Indian Red Cross Society(IRCS).
- eBloodServices: It aims to allow people to access safe blood easily especially during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Developed by: It has been developed by the E-Raktkosh team of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing(CDAC) under the Digital India scheme.
- Significance: The app will make it easy for a blood seeker to get blood with complete transparency and single window access to the service.
- e-Raktkosh: It is a Centralized Blood Bank Management System that provides a comprehensive IT solution to standardize and streamline the standard operating procedures, guidelines and workflow of blood banks across the country.
- Indian Red Cross Society: It is a voluntary humanitarian organization established in 1920 under the Indian Red Cross Society Act.The Chairman of the Society is Union Health Minister.
- Digital India: It is a flagship programme launched in 2015 by the Government of India with a vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.