- The Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) on Sunday successfully test-fired the Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM).
- QRSAM has been indigenously developed by the DRDO for the Indian Army.
- QRSAM is an all-weather and all-terrain missile. It is equipped with indigenously developed phased array radar, inertial navigation system, data link and radio frequency seeker. It has electronic counter measures against jamming by aircraft radars.
- QRSAM uses solid-fuel propellant. It has a range of 25-30 km.
- The QRSAM project was sanctioned in 2014. The first trial of the QRSAM was conducted in June 2017.
1 min read