- India is planning to conduct its first ever simulated space warfare exercise titled ‘IndSpaceEx’.
- The exercise will basically be a table-top war-game with all stakeholders from the military and scientific community taking part in it.
- The main aim of ‘IndSpaceEx’ exercise is to assess the requisite space and counter-space capabilities that are needed by India.The exercise will also help India better grasp the strategic challenges in space that need to be handled.
- This exercise comes in the backdrop of India successfully testing an anti-satellite(A-Sat) missile and initiating the establishment of a new tri-service Defence Space Agency.
- Recently,India had successfully conducted Mission Shakti.Mission Shakti is an anti-Satellite(ASAT) missile test.ASAT are missile-based systems to attack moving satellites.The ASAT test has been carried out by bringing down one of the Indian satellites in the low earth orbit.The test was aimed at strengthening the capability to safeguard space assets and India’s overall security.
8 min read