- Vice President of India has inaugurated the 4th Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific (RCAP) Congress 2019 in New Delhi.
- Vice President has said that there is a need to change the development paradigm and aim for a climate resilient development,moving away from traditional metrics.
- He has also urged all city,province and country representatives to adopt various multi-dimensional and innovative approaches,as a part of their endeavour to achieve the United Nations Agenda for Sustainable Development and to ensure low emissions oriented development.
- Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific(RCAP) Congress was launched in 2010.It is the annual global platform for urban resilience and climate change adaptation where dialogues are conducted to forge partnerships,with the ultimate goal of identifying implementable solutions and creating lasting impacts for cities in the region.
- This event is being organised in India for the first time and 31 countries are taking part in this programme.The three-day event is being hosted by the South Delhi Municipal Corporation in association with UN(ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability).
2 min read