News: Samsung-backed Star Labs has unveiled Neon, the world’s first “artificial humans”.
- Neon is a humanoid AI chatbot
- It aims to deliver a personalised experience with an AI. It has the ability to show emotions and intelligence.
- Artificial Intelligence: It refers to the ability of machines to perform cognitive tasks like thinking, perceiving, learning, problem-solving and decision making. (NITI Aayog)
- Kamakoti Committee: Ministry of Commerce and Industry, in 2017, set up AI Task Force headed by V. Kamakoti to explore possibilities to leverage AI for development across various fields.
- National strategy on artificial intelligence: Released by NITI Aayog in 2018, it identifies 5 cores areas for application of artificial intelligence: Healthcare, Agriculture, Education, Smart Cities and Infrastructure and Smart Mobility and Transportation.