News: Niti Aayog has questioned the methodology used in Global Terrorism Index (GTI) 2019. In 2019, India was ranked the seventh worst terrorism affected country.
- Global Terrorism Index (GTI) provides a comprehensive summary of the key global trends and patterns in terrorism since 2000.
- Published by: Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP)- an Australia-based think-tank.
- Source of Data: Global Terrorism Database (GTD). GTD is collated by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) at the University of Maryland.
- GTI scores are used in:
- Global Peace Index, the Global Slavery Report published by the Walk Free Foundation, a Travel and Tourism Competitiveness and Global Competitiveness Indices published by World Economic Forum
- Safe Cities Index published by the Economist Intelligence Unit.