News:Portuguese Prime Minister has announced the setting up of a Gandhi Citizenship Education Prize.
About Gandhi Prize:
- The Gandhi Citizenship Education Prize is inspired by the thoughts and life of Gandhi.The award aims to help perpetuate the ideals of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The first year’s prize will be dedicated to animal welfare as Mahatma Gandhi always said that the greatness of any country can be evaluated by the way animals are treated.
About National Committee for the Commemoration Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th Birth Anniversary:
- The National Committee for the Commemoration Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th Birth Anniversary is chaired by President at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Portuguese Prime Minister is the only foreign Prime Minister to be a part of the committee.
- The committee also includes Vice-President, Prime Minister, his Cabinet colleagues and Chief Ministers apart from Gandhians among others.