News: The Prime Minister has inaugurated the ‘Rashtriya Swachhta Kendra’.
- Rashtriya Swachhta Kendra: It is an interactive experience centre on the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- It will impart information, awareness and education on the successful journey of the world’s largest behaviour change campaign, the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Swachh Bharat Mission(SBM): It is a country-wide sanitation campaign launched on 2nd October, 2014.
- Objectives: Elimination of open defecation, eradication of Manual Scavenging, modern and scientific municipal solid waste management and bring behavioral change regarding healthy sanitation practices.
- Swachh Bharat Mission(Gramin): It aims to improve the levels of cleanliness in rural areas through Solid and Liquid Waste Management activities and making villages Open Defecation Free (ODF) and clean.It is implemented by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Jal Shakti Ministry.
- Swachh Bharat Mission(Urban): It aims at elimination of open defecation, conversion of unsanitary toilets to pour flush toilets, eradication of manual scavenging, municipal solid waste management and bringing about a behavioural change in people regarding healthy sanitation practices. It is implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.