News: The Science and Technology Indicators (STI), 2018 has been released.
- STI: It is prepared by National Science and Technology Management Information System, a division of the Department of Science Technology,
- The report is based on data provided by a range of scientific establishments across the country.
- India’s private sector research companies appear to employ a larger proportion of women in core research and development activities than government-funded major scientific agencies.
- Vigyan Jyoti: It is an initiative of the Ministry of Science and Technology aimed at creating a level playing field for the meritorious girls in high schools to pursue science, technology, engineering and mathematics(STEM) in higher education.
- Gender Advancement for Transforming Institutions(GATI): It aims to develop a comprehensive charter and a framework for assessing gender inequality in STEM.
- Knowledge Involvement in Research Advancement through Nurturing(KIRAN): It is an initiative of the Ministry of Science and Technology that aims to bring gender parity in the Science & Technology sector by inducting more women talent in the research & development domain through various programmes.