- Defence Minister has chaired a meeting to review the recommendations of the Task Force of Experts to evolve methodology to prevent ammunition accidents and minimise its effects.
- The task force was headed by Philip Campose.He explained the causes for ammunition accidents and brought out preventive and mitigative measures.
- The task force emphasised that the safety of the soldiers and the common people are of paramount importance.
- The task force lauded the efforts of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) which has come up with several scientifically designed ammunition store houses that prevents loss of life even if accidents take place.
- The recommendations of the Task Force were appreciated by the Defence Minister and gave directions to expedite implementation.
1 min read