- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy(MNRE) is considering setting up a web portal to publicly disclose payment delays to renewable energy players from power distribution companies (Discoms).This move is expected to usher in more transparency in pending payments.
- The industry has demanded that a portal should be similar to Payment Ratification and Analysis in Power procurement for bringing Transparency (PRAAPTI) for the renewable energy sector to make payment process transparent.
- PRAAPTI portal was launched by the Ministry of Power in 2018 to capture the invoicing and payment data for various long term Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) from the Generators.
- This portal captures the Invoicing and payment data for various long term PPAs from the Generators.This helps the stakeholders in getting month-wise and legacy data on outstanding amounts of Discoms against power purchase.
- The app also allows users to know the details related to the payments made by the Discoms to the power generation company and when they were made.
- It has also enabled consumers to evaluate financial performance of their Discoms in terms of payments being made to the generation companies.
7 min read