News:United States Food and Drug Administration(FDA) has tested the MDH sambar masala which showed positive for salmonella.
- Salmonella is a group of bacteria that can cause food-borne illnesses known as salmonellosis.
- Salmonella bacteria typically live in animal and human intestines and are shed through feces.Humans become infected most frequently through contaminated water or food.
- The symptoms of Salmonella include nausea, diarrhoea, fever, and abdominal cramps 12-72 hours after contracting the infection.
- Usually, the illness lasts for 4-7 days and most people recover without treatment.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) has identified Salmonella as one of four key global causes of diarrhoeal diseases.