- Uttarakhand Government has decided to set up Special Tiger Force for Corbett Tiger Reserve(CTR).
- The special tiger force will check illegal human intrusion into the reserve through villages located on its fringes and serve as a second layer of protection for tigers at the CTR.
- Jim Corbett National Park was established in 1936 as Hailey National Park- the first national park in India.It is located in Nainital district of Uttarakhand.
- The park was also declared as a Tiger Reserve in 1973.It is the first to come under the Project Tiger initiative.
- Corbett is one of the richest bird regions of the Country and has been declared as an ‘Important Bird Area’ (IBA) by Birdlife International.
1 min read