News: WWF India (World Wide Fund for Nature) and The Energy and Resources Institute(TERI) have released a report titled “Sustainable Space Heating Solutions in the Himalayan Region”.
- This report is part of an ongoing initiative of WWF-India’s ‘Climate Solver’ programme.
- Climate Solver Programme: It is a climate innovations platform by WWF which first began in Sweden in 2008 and launched in India in 2012.
- Aim: To strengthen development and widespread use of low carbon technologies developed by startups and SMEs which can reduce greenhouse gas emissions or provide clean energy access.
- WWF: It is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961 to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature.It is headquartered in Gland, Switzerland.
- TERI: It is a non-profit research institute established in 1974.It conducts research work in the fields of energy, environment and sustainable development for India and the Global South.