- According to Cybersecurity blog KrebsOnSecurity, cyber attackers may have targeted IT majors such as Infosys,Capgemini and Cognizant to access data of third-party company resources.
- The Cyber attackers are targeting companies that in one form or another have access to a significant amount of third-party company resources and companies that can be abused to conduct gift card fraud.
- The blog had also reported that Wipro was subject to a cyber attack.Wipro has also confirmed the attack and said that it was a zero-day attack that was thwarted and a forensic investigation has been launched to look into it.
- Further,Wipro has also said that their employee accounts were subjected to an advanced phishing campaign.Phishing is the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as usernames,passwords and credit card details by disguising as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication.
- A zero day attack refers to any cyber attack conducted on the same day that a software vulnerability has been discovered and for which a patch had not been set up to counter effectively.
2 min read