News: World Wildlife Fund(WWF), UN Environment Programme (UNEP), EAT and Climate Focus has released a report titled “Enhancing Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) for Food Systems”.
- Aim: To help policymakers adopt food systems solutions and set more ambitious targets and measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and limit global warming to 1.5 degree Celsius which will in turn improve biodiversity, food security and public health.
- WWF: It is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961 to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature. Headquarters:Gland, Switzerland.
- Climate Focus: It is a pioneering international advisory company committed to the development of policies, methodologies, programmes and projects that mitigate and adapt to the impacts of climate change.
- EAT: It is a non-profit startup dedicated to transforming our global food system through sound science, impatient disruption and novel partnerships.
- Paris agreement: It was adopted at the UNFCCC COP21 held in Paris in 2015.It aims to keep global temperature rise in the 21st century well below 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels and pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase even further to 1.5 degrees Celsius.