News: The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime(UNODC) has released the World Wildlife Crime Report 2020.
- The first World Wildlife Crime Report was released in 2016 which represented the first ever report of this nature.
- Aim: To present wildlife crime situations with a focus on illicit trafficking of specific protected species of wild fauna and flora and provide a broad assessment of the nature and extent of the problem at the global level.
- Illegal Tiger Products Trade: India and Thailand are the two main countries which are the suppliers of the illegal tiger products in the world.
- UNODC: It was established in 1997 through a merger between the United Nations Drug Control Programme and the Centre for International Crime Prevention.
- Aim: To assist Member States in addressing the issues of drugs, crime and terrorism.
- Headquarters: Vienna, Austria
- International Consortium on Combating Wildlife Crime(ICCWC): It is a collaborative effort of the CITES Secretariat, INTERPOL, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the World Bank and the World Customs Organization (WCO).
- Aim: To strengthen criminal justice systems and provide coordinated support at national, regional and international level to combat wildlife and forest crime.