News:Recently,a Chinese man has died from a virus known as Hantavirus.
- Hantavirus are a family of viruses which are spread mainly by rodents.
- Transmission:It does not spread from one person to another but it can be contracted if someone comes in contact with a rodent that carries the virus.
- Symptoms:Fatigue,fever, muscle aches, abdominal problems, coughing and shortness of breath.
- Complications:Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome(HPS) and haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome(HFRS).
- Treatment: There is no specific treatment, cure or vaccine for Hantavirus infection.