News:The World Giving Index 2019 has been released.
About World Giving index:
- The World Giving Index(WGI) is an annual report published by the Charities Aid Foundation.It is an international organisation that promotes giving to transform lives and communities across the world.
- The index uses data gathered by Gallup and ranks countries in the world according to how charitable they are.
- The report is based its findings on three parameters (a)number of people donating money (b)volunteering time and (c)helping a stranger.
Key takeaways from the index:
- The report has found that worldwide more than 2.5 billion people helped a stranger over the past decade with African countries accounting for 7 of the top 10 places where people are most likely to do so.
- The index has ranked USA at the top followed by Myanmar, New Zealand and Australia.
- India has been ranked at 82 among the 128 countries surveyed.At the bottom of the list are Yemen, Greece and China.
- Further,India at 82 on the index falls below Nepal (53), Pakistan (69), Mexico(73) and Brazil(74).