News:World Health Day is celebrated every year on 7th April since 1950
- It is observed by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- It marks the founding of WHO
- 2020 Theme: ‘Support nurses and midwives’
- 2020 has also been designated by the World Health Assembly as the International Year of the Nurse and the Midwife
World Health Organization
- It is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health.
- It was established on 7th April 1948, and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The WHO is a member of the United Nations Development Group. It has 194 member states.