News:Union Agriculture minister has inaugurated the 11th National Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) Conference.
About the Conference:
- It has been organized by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- The main aim of the conference is to highlight technology-led farming and youth entrepreneurship through agriculture.
- Theme:Empowering Youth for Technology Led Farming.
- Krsihi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) are agricultural extension centres created by ICAR (Indian Council for Agricultural Research) and its affiliated institutions at district level.
- The mandate of KVK is technology assessment, refinement and demonstration by providing critical inputs to the farmers which enable them to sustain their productivity.
- The KVK scheme is 100% financed by the Government of India.The first KVK was established during 1974 (Pondicherry) and currently around 645 KVKs have been established.
About Krishi Vigyan Kendra(KVKs) Portal:
- The portal aims to transfer the technologies developed by the agricultural scientists to the farmers in a fast and effective manner using web and mobile technology as well as to monitor the activities of Krishi Vigyan Kendras(KVKs).