News:Minister of State for Shipping(I/C) has launched the 6th Coast Guard Offshore Patrol Vessel(OPV-6) ’VAJRA’ at Chennai.
- VAJRA is the 6th vessel in the series of seven Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) projects.
- It has been built by L&T Shipbuilding under the ‘Make in India’ policy.
- The vessel would be utilised for day and night surveillance along with anti-terrorist, anti-smuggling operations in the exclusive economic zone.
- It is empowered with two Navigation Radars along with ultra-modern technology, Sophisticated navigational and latest communication systems.
- Offshore patrol vessels(OPVs) are patrolling vehicles which are deployed by Indian coast guards to patrol the maritime boundary of India.