News:‘Scitech Airon’, an air purifier, developed under ‘Nidhi Prayas’ programme, will be used to disinfect state hospitals amid coronavirus pandemic. The air purifying technology has been developed by an incubatee company of the Pune-based Science and Technology Park (STP or Scitech Park).
- NIDHI-PRAYAS (National Initiative for developing and harnessing Innovation – PRomoting and Accelerating Young and ASpiring innovators & startups) is a sub-scheme of NIDHI programme.
- Launched in: 2016
- Launched by: Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Aim: To support young innovators turn their ideas into proof of concept and prototypes.
National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI)
- It is an umbrella scheme to support ideas and innovations (knowledge-based and technology-driven) into successful startups.
- Launched by: Department of Science and Technology
- NIDHI GCC – Grand Challenges and Competitions for scouting innovations
- NIDHI – PRomoting and and accelerating Young and Aspiring Innovators and Startups (NIDHI-PRAYAS) – Support from Idea to Prototype
- NIDHI-Entrepreneur In Residence (NIDHI-EIR)-Support system to reduce risk
- NIDHI-Technology Business Incubator(TBI)-Converting Innovations to start-ups
- NIDHI-Accelerator-Fast tracking a start-up through focused intervention
- NIDHI-Seed Support System (NIDHI-SSS)-Providing early stage investment
- NIDHI Centres of Excellence (NIDHI-CoE)-A World class facility to help startups go global