News: Alliance to End Plastic Waste has planned to invest between USD 70 million to 100 million in India over the next five years to reduce plastic waste.
- Alliance to End Plastic Waste: It was founded in 2019 as an international non-profit organisation based in Singapore.
- Purpose: It works with government, environmental and economic development NGOs and communities around the world to address the challenge to end plastic waste in the environment.
- Focus Areas: The alliance focuses on solutions in four strategic areas: infrastructure, innovation, education & engagement and the clean up.
- Members: As of July 2020, alliance has nearly 50 member companies and supporters representing global companies and organisations across the plastic value chain.
- Aviral–Reducing Plastic Waste in the Ganga Project: It is a joint project of the Alliance To End Plastic Waste and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit(GIZ).
- Aim: To reduce the Plastic Waste in the Ganga river by reducing the amount of plastic waste entering the environment in the northern Indian cities of Haridwar and Rishikesh.