News: World Day Against Trafficking in Persons is being observed on July 30.
- The day was observed for the first time in 2013 by the United Nations General Assembly.
- Aim: To raise awareness about the condition of victims of human trafficking and to promote and protect their rights.
- Theme: It focuses on first responders to human trafficking.
- Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative(CHRI) and Walk Free (an international anti-slavery organisation) has released a report titled “Eradicating Modern Slavery”.
- Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative(CHRI): It is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan, international non-governmental organisation working in the area of human rights.It is headquartered in New Delhi.
- Blue Heart Campaign: It is an international anti-trafficking program started by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime(UNODC).