News:On 14 April 2019, the birth anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar has been celebrated.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar was born on 14 April 1891 in Mhow, Central Province (now Madhya Pradesh).
- He was India’s first Law Minister and was Chairman of the Drafting Committee for the new Constitution.
- Mahad Satyagraha: It was led by B. R Ambedkar in 1927 to allow the untouchables to use water in a public tank in Mahad,Maharashtra.
- He participated in all three round-table conferences.
- Poona Pact: In 1932, Ambedkar agreed on Poona pact with Mahatma Gandhi and an agreement was signed between Ambedkar and Madan Mohan Malviya which abandoned the idea of separate electorates for the depressed classes(Communal Award).
- Organisations – Bahishkrit Hitkarini Sabha (1923), Independent Labor Party (1936), Scheduled Castes Federation (1942).
- Books – Annihilation of Caste, Buddha Or Karl Marx, Buddha and His Dhamma, Who were the Shudras, The Rise and Fall of Hindu Women among others.
- Journals – Mooknayak, Bahishkrit Bharat, Samatha, Equality Janata among others.
- The Indian Government has decided to develop five places as Panchteerth in honour of Dr. B R Ambedkar.
- Panchteerath include: a) Amedbkar’s birthplace in Mhow b) The place in London where he stayed while studying in the UK c) Deeksha Bhoomi in Nagpur, where he took education d) Mahaparinirvan Sthal in Delhi and e) Chaitya Bhoomi in Mumbai.