- AMRUT cities and Municipal Corporations of Raigarh, Ambikapur and Kumbakonam have bagged the first, second and third prizes respectively of Swachhata Excellence awards 2019.
- DAY-NULM Swachhata Excellence Awards have been instituted by Ministry of Housing and urban affairs to recognize the Urban local bodies(ULBs) working towards achieving sanitation outcomes with their communities and promoting dignified livelihoods in the sanitation sector.
- The main objectives of Swachhata Excellence awards are(a)To bring cleanliness and sanitation to the forefront of social discourse (b)To encourage ULBs for their initiatives related to elimination of open defecation, eradication of manual scavenging and (c) To incentivize ULBs to mainstream informal sanitation workers, improve their income earning capacity.
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) objective is to uplift urban poor by enhancing sustainable livelihood opportunities through skill development.
- Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation(AMRUT) launched by Ministry of Urban development is aimed at transforming 500 cities and towns into efficient urban living spaces over a period of five years.
2 min read