- The Indian Army has launched e-cars for use of its officials.The e-car initiative has been launched in partnership with Energy Efficiency Services Ltd(EESL) in a joint venture of the Central PSUs under the Ministry of Power.
- The Indian Army has planned to operate 10 e-cars as a pilot project and develop further such e-cars in Delhi to ensure minimal emissions and efficiency.
- The e-car initiative is expected to boost further development of electric vehicle technology and its adoption by the general public in the near future.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited(EESL) is a joint venture of four National Public Sector Enterprises– NTPC Limited,Power Finance Corporation Ltd(PFC),REC and POWERGRID.It was set up under the Ministry of Power.
- EESL is a Super Energy Service Company(ESCO) and leads the market-related activities of the National Mission for Enhanced Energy Efficiency(NMEEE),one of the eight national missions under the Prime Minister’s National Action Plan on Climate Change.
2 min read