- E-commerce company Flipkart has launched an initiative called Samarth.This initiative aims to bring weavers,artisans and makers of handicrafts to its platform.
- Samarth will support artisans,weavers by on-boarding them and helping them in the process of selling on the internet.
- This includes support for cataloguing,account management, seller support and warehousing support.
- This move will open up national market access for these underserved communities giving them access to a constantly growing pan-India customer base and empowering them to leverage the benefits of the e-commerce model.
- Recently,Amazon has also partnered with the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India(TRIFED) to sell products made by tribal communities.The company also recently announced the availability of these products on its global marketplace.
1 min read