- The major exercise called as Kharga Prahar has been conducted jointly by the Indian Army and Indian Air Force in Chandigarh on June 4, 2019.
- Kharga Prahar exercise was undertaken in plains of Punjab by various units and formations of Army’s Kharga Corps.
- The exercise was successful in validating latest operational concepts which are designed to deliver a swift punitive blow to India’s adversary.
- The exercise has also brought out valuable lessons and also reinforced a high degree of operational preparedness of the Kharga Corps.
- The Indian Army’s II Corps, based in Ambala is known as Kharga Corps. It has been stationed at Ambala since 1985.
- Kharga possesses 50% of Indian Army’s offensive capabilities and on integration with multiple military formations it has proved an effective weapon in various wars.
- In 1971,Bangladesh Liberation War Kharga Corps was positioned in West Bengal and helped in creation of Bangladesh.During the Kargil conflict in 1999,this elite force was deployed somewhere in the desert sector.
7 min read