News: Astronomers have recently found that accretion burst happens at different rates over time.
About accretion burst event
- Accretion is the formation of planets and other bodies by the collection of material through gravity.
- Sometimes the forming star swallows up a huge amount of matter, resulting in a burst of activities in the massive star. This is called an accretion burst event.
- The first observation of accretion burst event was in 2016.
Maser Monitoring Organisation
- Established in 2017, it is an international collaboration of scientists dedicated to detecting masers to learn more about the birth of massive stars, among other cosmic phenomena.
- A maser is the microwave (radio frequency) equivalent of laser.
- The word stands for “microwave amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.”
- Masers are observed using radio telescopes.