- During the conference on 30 years of World wide web,Berners-Lee said that the web is not the web we wanted in every respect.He said that he sees three sources of problems affecting today’s web.These are (a)state-sponsored hacking and attacks (b)criminal behaviour and (c)online harassment.
- Tim Berners-Lee,a British scientist,invented the World Wide Web (WWW) in 1989,while working at CERN,the European Organisation for Nuclear Research.The web was originally conceived and developed to meet the demand for automated information-sharing between scientists in universities and institutes around the world.
- The World Wide Web (WWW) commonly known as the Web,is an information space where documents and other web resources are identified by Uniform Resource Locators(URL).URL’s may be interlinked by hypertext,and are accessible via the Internet.URL(Uniform Resource Locator) is a kind of ‘address’ that is unique to each resource on the web.It could be the address of a webpage or an image file.
- WWW should not be confused with the internet,which is a huge network of computers connected together.On the other hand,World Wide Web is an online application built upon innovations like HTML language,URL addresses and hypertext transfer protocol(HTTP).
- HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) is the publishing format for the web.It includes the ability to format documents and link to other documents and resources.HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) allows HTML documents to be requested and transmitted between browsers and web servers via the Internet.
3 min read