- Rajasthan Chief Minister has set a target for the completion of the Barmer oil refinery project within four years.
- Barmer Refinery is an upcoming public sector refinery and petrochemical complex which will have a total processing capacity of 9 million metric tonnes per annum (Mmtpa).
- The refinery will be built 5km away from Pachpadra village in Rajasthan’s Barmer district.
- It is being developed by a joint venture between Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and the Government of Rajasthan known as HPCL Rajasthan Refinery Limited(HRRL).
- The construction of the project has commenced in January 2018 and is slated to be completed by 2022-23.
5 min read