- India’s Lightest Bullet Proof Jacket ‘Bhabha Kavach’ was launched at the International Police Expo 2019.
- The Bhabha kavach was Indigenously Developed by Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) and Mishra Dhatu Nigam Limited (MIDHANI).
- Bhabha kavach is a state-of-the-art jacket that can withstand bullets fired from an AK-47 rifle and INSAS(INdian Small Arms System).It has four hard armour plates that offers 360 Degree Protection to wearer from the front,back and either side.
- It is powered with nano technology from Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC).The BARC’s carbon nanomaterial sprayed on hard armour plate instils the toughness and tenacity needed to slow down and trap a bullet as it passes through the plate.
- This jacket was launched as rising graph of instances related to terrorism, cyber crime & various other kind of ethnic group conflicts have increased demand for a robust homeland infrastructure in India.
- Ordnance Factory Board(OFB) is an industrial organisation, functioning under the Department of Defence Production of the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- The BARC is India’s premier nuclear research facility, headquartered in Mumbai,BARC is a multi-disciplinary research centre with extensive infrastructure for advanced research and development covering the entire spectrum of nuclear science, engineering and related areas.
2 min read