News: According to official estimates, the population of the saltwater or estuarine crocodile has increased in the water bodies of Odisha’s Bhitarkanika National Park to 1,757
About Bhitarkanika National Park
- · It is located in Kendrapara district of Odisha
- It is inundated by the rivers Brahmani, Baitarani, Dhamra, Pathsala.
- It is the second-largest mangrove ecosystem in India, the first being Sundarbans (West Bengal).
- It has been designated as a Ramsar Site.
- Odisha is the only state in India having all three species of crocodile— gharial, mugger and saltwater crocodile.
Species of crocodile
|Saltwater Crocodile||Least concern|