News: Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by the Prime Minister has approved the Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP) Phase II & Phase III.
- Aim: To improve the safety and operational performance of selected dams across the whole country along with institutional strengthening and generating revenue for sustainable operation and maintenance of dams.
- Funding: It is an externally aided project with the financial assistance of the World Bank(WB) and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank(AIIB).
- Duration: The Project will be implemented over a period of 10 years duration in two Phases each of six years duration with two years overlapping from April, 2021 to March, 2031.
- Rehabilitation and improvement of dams and associated appurtenances
- Dam safety institutional strengthening in participating States and Central agencies
- Exploration of alternative incidental means at few of selected dams to generate the incidental revenue for sustainable operation and maintenance of dams and
- Project management.