News: NITI Aayog and Quality Council of India(QCI) has launched the National Program and Project Management Policy Framework(NPMPF).
- Aim: To bring radical reforms in the way infrastructure projects are executed in India.
- Action Plan: It has an action plan to:
- Adopt a program and project management approach to infrastructure development
- Institutionalize and promote the profession of program and project management and build a workforce of such professionals,
- Enhance institutional capacity and capability of professionals.
- Quality Council of India (QCI): It was set up in 1997 jointly by the Government of India and the Indian Industry to establish and operate national accreditation structure and promote quality through National Quality Campaign.
- Nodal Ministry: Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry is the nodal department for QCI.
- Chairman: The Chairman of QCI is appointed by the Prime Minister on the recommendation of the industry to the government.