News: Union Cabinet has given its approval for creation of National Recruitment Agency(NRA).
- National Recruitment Agency(NRA): It will be an autonomous Society registered under the Societies Registration Act,1860.
- Purpose: It will conduct the Common Eligibility Test(CET) to screen/shortlist candidates for recruitment to Group B and C (non -technical) posts.
- Composition: It will be headed by a Chairman of the rank of the Secretary to the Government of India. It will have representatives of the Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Finance/Department of Financial Services, the SSC, RRB & IBPS.
- The Common Eligibility Test will be held twice a year.There will be different CETs for graduate level, 12th Pass level and 10th pass level to facilitate recruitment to vacancies at various levels.
- The NRA will initially conduct the CET for three sectors- Selection Commission(SSC), Railway Recruitment Boards(RRBs) and Institute of Banking Service Personnel(IBPS).
- The CET will be conducted in 12 major Indian languages.
- Score of the candidate shall be valid for a period of three years from the date of declaration of the result.The best of the valid scores shall be deemed to be the current score of the candidate.