- Union Minority Affairs Minister has inaugurated a national conference of Central Wakf Council(CWC) in New Delhi.
- The minister said here that the Central Government has set a target to achieve 100% digitisation of Waqf properties across the country in its first 100 days.There are more than 6 lakh registered Waqf properties across the country.
- The minister also awarded 8 Mutawalis under “Qaumi Waqf Board Taraqiati Scheme” for better management of Waqf properties in their respective state Waqf boards.Mutawalli are Custodian of the Waqf properties.
- The minister has also said that the report of a five-member committee, constituted to review Waqf properties lease rule headed by Justice (Retd) Zakiullah Khan has been submitted.
- Central Wakf Council is a statutory body established in 1964 by the Government of India under Wakf Act,1954.The council advises the government on matters pertaining to working of the State Wakf Boards and proper administration of the Wakfs in the country.
- Wakf is a permanent dedication of movable or immovable properties for religious, pious or charitable purposes as recognized by Muslim Law, given by philanthropists.
2 min read