News:The Central Government has formed a committee to work out the modalities of Kisan Rail.
About the Committee:
- The Committee has been formed with representatives from Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of Railways.
- It will explore into the options of creating a cold supply chain for perishable goods.
About Kisan Rail Scheme:
- The Kisan Rail was proposed by the Union Finance Minister during the Union Budget 2020-21.
- Under the scheme, the centre envisages setting up of a national cold supply chain to transport highly perishable goods including milk, fish and meat.
- It will be set up through a public-private-partnership(PPP) arrangement.