News:CERT-In (Indian Computer Emergency Response Team) has decided to conduct a security audit of COVID-19 data in the wake of Cyber security threats.
- CERT-In was established in 2004 as a functional organisation of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Preventing cyber attacks against the country’s cyber space.
- Responding to cyber attacks and minimizing damage and recovery time Reducing ‘national vulnerability to cyber attacks.
- Enhancing security awareness among common citizens.
- Budapest Convention on Cybercrime: It is the first international treaty that seeks to address Internet and cybercrime by harmonizing national laws, improving investigative techniques and increasing cooperation among nations.It came into force in 2004.India is not a signatory to this convention.
- Cyber Surakshit Bharat Yojana: It was launched in 2018 by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology in association with National e-Governance Division(NeGD) and industry players.It includes awareness programs on cyber security; workshops on best practices and enablement of the officials with cyber security health tool kits.
- Cyber Swachhta Kendra (Botnet Cleaning and Malware Analysis Centre): It provides for the detection of malicious programs and free tools to remove such programs.
- Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre(I4C): It was established in 2018 to combat cybercrime in India in a comprehensive and coordinated manner.It functions under the Ministry of Home Affairs.