News:China has again increased its presence in the South China Sea by unilaterally renamed 80 islands around the two disputed archipelagos of the Spratly Islands and the Paracel Islands.
- Spratly Islands are a disputed archipelago in the South China Sea.It is largely uninhabited.
- Countries in Dispute: China, Taiwan, Vietnam, the Philippines and Malaysia.Brunei has also claimed the southeastern part of the Spratlys.
- The Paracel Islands is a disputed archipelago located in the South China Sea.It is almost equidistant from China and Vietnam.
- Countries in Dispute: China and Vietnam.
- Natuna Islands:It is located in Indonesia’s Riau Islands province, the west side of the South China Sea.It is claimed by China.
- Scarborough Shoal: It is located between the Macclesfield Bank and Luzon island in the South China Sea.It is claimed by China, Taiwan and the Philippines.