- Chinese startup company iSpace has successfully launched the first commercial rocket of China into the Earth’s orbit.
- The successful launch of Hyperbola-1 was lifted off from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre with several satellites and payloads into a predetermined orbit.
- Hyperbola-1 has also carried the CAS-7B CubeSat.It is an amateur radio mission which is developed by the Beijing Institute of Technology.
- CubeSat are micro satellite which are generally in the size of a shoebox.They help the company or organization to monitor various things like weather patterns, crops, and disaster sites.
- They are cheaper to build and easier to deploy than traditional satellites and their launch has become a lucrative market which is currently being dominated by the Indian space programme.
1 min read