News:Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog and National Informatics Centre(NIC) have jointly launched Collaborative CAD Software(CollabCAD).
- Aim:To provide a platform to students of Atal Tinkering Labs(ATLs) across the country to create and modify 3d designs with free flow of creativity and imagination.
- CollabCAD:It is a collaborative network, computer-enabled software system providing a total engineering solution from 2D drafting & detailing to 3D product design.
Tinker from Home Campaign:It is an initiative of Atal Tinkering labs program which aims to harness the creativity and innovativeness of Children by encouraging them to learn online through self initiation.
Atal Tinkering Labs(ATL):
- They have been established under the Atal Innovation Mission(AIM).
- Aim:To foster curiosity, creativity and imagination in young minds and inculcate skills such as design mindset, computational thinking, adaptive learning, physical computing etc.
- Funding: AIM will provide grant-in-aid that includes a one-time establishment cost of Rs.10 lakh and operational expenses of Rs.10 lakh for a maximum period of 5 years to each ATL.
- Eligibility:Schools (minimum Grade VI – X) managed by Government, local body or private trusts/society can set up ATL.