News: COVID-19 pandemic has affected the livelihood of Pattachitra artisans
- It is a traditional cloth-based scroll painting of Odisha.
- The name Pattachitra has evolved from the Sanskrit words patta, meaning cloth, and chitra, meaning picture.
- Major themes:
- Thia Badhia – depiction of the temple of Jagannath;
- Krishna Lila – enactment of Jagannath as Lord Krishna displaying his powers as a child;
- Dasabatara Patti – the ten incarnations of Lord Vishnu;
- Panchamukhi – depiction of Lord Ganesh as a five-headed deity