News:Commerce Minister will lead the Indian delegation to the 50th World Economic Forum at Davos from January 20 to 24,2020.
About World Economic Forum 2020:
- The World Economic Forum’s 2020 meeting will be held in Davos ,Switzerland.
- The meet will be held under the theme of ‘Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World’.
- The meetings aim to engage world leaders in collaborative activities to shape the global, regional, and industry agendas at the beginning of each year.
Issues to be discussed at WEF 2020:The four Global issues which will feature prominently are:
- To address the urgent climate and environmental challenges that are harming our ecology and economy
- To transform industries to achieve a more sustainable and inclusive business models as new political, economic, and societal priorities change trade and consumption patterns
- To govern the technologies driving the fourth industrial revolution so they benefit business and society, while minimising their risks to them
- To adapt to the demographic, social, and technological trends reshaping education, employment, and entrepreneurship.
About World Economic Forum(WEF):
- WEF was established in 1971 as a not-for-profit foundation and is headquartered in Geneva,Switzerland.
- The objective of WEF is to improve the state of the world by engaging business,political,academic and other leaders of society to shape global,regional and industry agendas.
- The reports published by the WEF are (a)Global Competitiveness Report (b)Global Gender Gap Report (c)Global Risks Report and (d)Global Travel and Tourism Report among others.